Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Heart for Uganda

I have it on my heart to share with you how God has been moving in my life.

I have always had compassion towards children, and working with kid has always been a huge part of my heart. Over the last couple of months, my heart has been pulled towards Uganda. Everything that I hear or see has been about Uganda. It seems to be all around me.

I recently started attending a church that is turned into a campus of Long Hollow Baptist. The first series with Long Hollow was called "Wrecked". It was a series that spoke of the vision of Long Hollow for the next several years, and a large part of this vision dealt with missions. I was radically moved by this. It was revealed to be once again the tug that has been on my heart to go!

As I continued to look into this and explore the calling that God has placed on my heart, I discovered a medical mission trip to Uganda in August.

I'm asking you to take this journey of prayer with me. I have no idea what God has planned specifically, but I am ready and willing to go and do whatever that may be.

Please pray for clarity. Pray that God will make this path clear and that I will have no doubts about the calling He has for me. Pray that I will not make excuses. I have a feeling that there may be a lot of risk taking ahead of me, and as much as I like to pretend that I'm adventurous, I'm really more comfortable staying away from the unknown. And lastly, please pray for courage.

I am so thankful for your love and support, and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to let me share my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment