Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Heart like His

I have been reminded a lot recently that I need to learn when to joke and when not to joke. My teasing nature can be taken the wrong way sometimes, and unfortunately I hurt people that I love.

I'm realizing that being kind is more important that being funny... And most of the time, I'm not even that funny. I need to learn when to be funny and when to be serious. Sometime, people just need to hear kind words. Maybe they are having a bad day, and normally they would laugh at your joke, but that particular time is just not the right time. We all have those days, and I want to be remembered for being kind... Not funny.

My prayer is that God will make my heart and my words more kind. That He will use me to be an encouragement to others. I want my life and my words to make a difference in someone's life, not to hurt them.

Praying that God will give me a heart like His.

No comments:

Post a Comment