Friday, June 17, 2011

Drinking Coffee on Someone Else's Porch

House sitting means two things for me... One: that I get some alone time for a week and two: that I get to pretend that I have my own house.

I am house sitting for the next two weeks, and I just really love it. I mean, REALLY love it. It is so nice to have my own space, quiet time, and to just play "house" while people are on vacation. It's fun for me to imagine that it is my own house.

The house where I am staying has a really awesome back porch that is surprisingly pretty secluded despite the fact that it is in a neighborhood where the houses are about 2 feet away from each other. My favorite part about being in this particular house is getting to sit on the porch in the mornings and drink coffee. My mother says that I sound like an old lady, but I really do enjoy it. It's so peaceful, so beautiful, and so quiet, which is a nice change from my every day life.

One of my best friends Cara Dodd came for a few days and was my room mate in this big house. We had so much fun cooking, sitting on the porch, talking, and just spending time catching up. If you know me at all, you know that although it has been nice to have some quiet and be alone, I can only be alone for so long. Cara's visit was the perfect amount of company to off set my alone time.

I start house sitting for someone else next week, so we'll see what part of their house will be my favorite...

1 comment:

  1. For some reason this reminded me of sitting on the porch at camp in the mornings and enjoying those big swings lol
    Take in those peaceful moments and relish them! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete