Friday, April 16, 2010

The One With All The Goodbyes...


The last few weeks have been full of memories, "lasts", and goodbyes. The UTC Chapter of my life is quickly coming to an end, which is exciting, but mostly sad.

I had my last bible study with the girls that I have been with for three years. They have meant more to me than I could ever describe. These are the women in my life that truly know me... the real me. They have been here for me through everything, and I am forever thankful for all of them. They have been a huge part of my life, and they have taught me what it means to have a real, unbelievable relationship with our wonderful Jesus Christ. They have held me accountable through many stages of my life, which has taught me so much about the importance of my relationships with Godly women.

My bible study leader, Andrea Lamb, has made a huge impact on my life. We met a while before she and her husband, Ben, joined staff with Campus Crusade. She and I started meeting together once a week just to talk and share about our lives, which began a beautiful relationship. She and I came to find out just how much we really have in common. Not only are our personalities oh so very similar, but we are both extremely OPEN with bodily functions (haha), which added to our bond! She is one of the most real, beautiful women I have ever met, and she will be incredibly missed, but I know we will continue to stay close.

At our last bible study, Andrea gave all of the senior girls (plus me) a plant. She the proceeded to read us the Parable of the Sower from Luke 8:5-15 that says,

A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up. Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown." When he said this, he called out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

His disciples asked him what this parable meant. He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that,
" though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand."

"This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature. But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.



This is a picture of my plant. Jamie Williams and I went to Walmart, bought pots and soil, and planted out little plants! They are beautiful! Let's just hope that it's planted in good soil!

I have also had some of my last Chi Omega events... including Scoops for Wishes, our Sisterhood Retreat, and my last family dinner of the semester!



Kristin and Cara came to Cold Stone to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation!



This was my tent.... Jessica, Sara, Kasey, and Me! I love PC '09 Girls!



My Beautiful Family (minus Kat)

During these last weeks, I have also closed a chapter with my First Pres small group girls! Although I will see most of them this summer at camp, I will still miss them so much when I'm back in Nashville next semester.

I had the wonderfully unique experience of GPS May Day 2010.... enough said!



This is a picture of the girls I intern with and the girls in our small groups!
Me, Emma, Kristin, Jessie, Cara

As I close this chapter of my life, I am very sad, but so excited! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for... even if it's not what I have planned. I found out this week that I was placed on the waiting list for Nursing school, which means that I won't find out if I'm accepted until May 25th. Yes, at first I cried and was very upset, but I God has brought me to a place where I am at peace with whatever happens. As my wonderful aunt Kristen reminded me, I do not want to be where God doesn't want me to be. If Nursing School at Aquinas Fall 2010 is not where the Lord wants me, he has something greater planned for me. I'm just waiting on the Lord!









No comments:

Post a Comment