Thursday, March 25, 2010

The One About Me...


I
thought I would take some time to update you guys on my life and what's going on!

Currently I'm living in the wonderful city of Chattanooga. Here, I am involved in Chi Omega, Campus Crusade for Christ and I intern with the youth at First Presbyterian Church... oh yeah... I'm also in school (I forget that a lot!) It's hard to say what year I am in school because of the eventful college career I've had, but I should be a junior... key words "should be." I am a nursing major and If I get accepted (which I will find out end of April or beginning of May) I will start nursing school in the fall at Aquinas College in Nashville.

I have mixed emotions about leaving Chattanooga. I know that Nashville is where the Lord is calling me to be, and I'm ready to take the next step toward nursing, but I'm so sad to leave my dear friends that I've made here. I know that saying I'll come back and visit a lot is easier said than done, but I definitely want to be intentional with my friendships. These are the people who really know me, the people that have had an influence in my spiritual growth, the people I can be myself with, and the people that love me unconditionally. My friends here in Chattanooga have impacted me more than they will ever know, and they will be truly missed.



My Chi Omega Family



CRU friends from Spring Break 2009


On a lighter note, this summer I will be returning to Camp Vesper Point... my favorite place in the entire world! I will be a counselor again, and not only will I be spending the summer with some of the greatest people I've ever met, I will also be sharing Christ and pouring into the lives of kids, which is one of the greatest passions of my heart. Camp is such an amazing experience. Although I will be sharing with the kids and teaching them about Christ, I find that I learn from them more than I could ever teach them. Seeing God move in the hearts of these kids is an amazing, heart-warming experience that I wish that everyone could have.



The view from Vesper Point



Giving my testimony



Being silly with Jackson, my youngest boy during Family Camp



My boys from Family Camp



One of my sweet campers, Kayla



My last cabin of the summer



Some of the girls at the end of the summer



A big group of us saying goodbye after a WONDERFUL summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment